Families are encouraged to consider purchasing travel insurance in order to protect their investment and plan for the unexpected. BBYO has partnered with Travel Insured International to provide a discounted group travel protection option specially designed for teen travel.
The following are the details for summer 2021; this page will be updated soon with 2022 information.
PURCHASING A PLAN
- Plans are only available for USA residents. If you are a non-US resident and would like to purchase travel protection, you can contact Travel Insured International at 1-844-440-8113 directly or find a local plan.
- If travel is being extended beyond the days of the BBYO scheduled experience, families need to notify us to adjust the travel protection plan as the coverage and price are only designed to cover the travel based on the dates we submit to Travel Insured International.
- Insurance coverages are subject to the terms, limitations and exclusions in the plan, including an exclusion for pre-existing conditions. See the full plan document for complete details.
- Plans may be purchased up until the day before the program start date, however, this benefit is available only if the plan is purchased prior to making final payment:
- Optional: Cancel for any reason coverage**
- BBYO has purchased the Group Protection plan post-departure benefits on behalf of all participants.
- If interested in the optional Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, or Cancel for Any Reason** benefits, please contact BBYO for rates and information. A copy of the plan document will be provided.
**Cancel for Any Reason coverage is up to 75% of the nonrefundable trip cost. CFAR is optional and available for purchase at an additional cost at the individual level. Trip cancellation must be 48 hours or more prior to your scheduled departure, and you must also have paid for the full cost for all non-refundable trip costs prior to your cancellation of your trip. This benefit is not available to residents of New York. Additional terms apply