Level up our base flagship Israel experience with extras designed to let you experience completely unique aspects of Israeli culture and tradition. This 27-day experience includes Israel’s most amazing touring highlights, plus an elective of your choice!
Jun 28 - Jul 24, 2022 Available
Jul 5 - Jul 31, 2022 Available
- Accommodations (hotel, kibbutz & desert tent)
- All meals
- All programming
- Private transportation
- Security escort & monitoring
- Medical insurance
- Laundry service
- Gratuity for program staff
Seize your chance to experience a variety of unique aspects of Israeli life while pursuing your passions on an elective week of your choice! Israel Journey XPR is a 27-day program that combines the must-see touring aspects of our flagship Israel Journey experience with two eye-opening additions:
- Mountains & Mystics: Enjoy time in the elevated city of Tsfat and immerse yourself in one of Israel's most vibrant neighborhoods. Home to an artists' colony, a thriving music scene, and history steeped in spiritual education, Tsfat will be the perfect setting for internal and cultural exploration.
- Volunteering & Service Learning: Based in the Galilee, our volunteer projects vary and typically include working with immigrant youth, minority communities, environmental restoration, and infrastructure improvement. Together we'll learn, volunteer, and reflect on the journey as we connect with Israeli society on a much more personal level.
- Gadna: Organized by the Israel Defense Forces and located on a specialized army educational base, Gadna is a “basic training”-style experience for high school teens from abroad. Since every Israeli teen is required to serve in the Israeli army, Gadna offers a glimpse of this uniquely Israeli experience is like. The Gadna program is not political or militaristic in nature. The experience is about learning new skills, hiking in the outdoors, and simulating what life is like on a real Israeli army base. Gadna is a challenging and character building life experience that you can look back on with a definite sense of accomplishment.
- Hava VeAdam Ecological Education Farm: As the future of environmental awareness and sustainability, this Modiin-based farm in the center of Israel will empower you to understand the connection between humans and nature. Enjoy this fun, hands-on experience that teaches you how to thrive in a self-sustainable way by using techniques and technology like solar energy, rainwater collection, recycling, organic farming, and more!
- Maccabiah Games (July 5 departure only): Maccabi World Union organizes the largest and longest running Jewish sports competition ever. You can spend the week cheering on young Jewish athletes from more than 60 countries. Kicking off with an exciting opening ceremony, this once-every-four-years event is a special opportunity to be a part of Jewish unity, sportsmanship, and tradition.
This BBYO Passport Summer Experience will be attending The Maccabiah Games. Often referred to as “the Jewish Olympics,” this is the world’s largest Jewish athletic competition that takes place every four years in Israel.
Discover 3,000 years of Jewish history and traditions in Jerusalem’s Old City
Float in the Dead Sea and scale the heights of Masada to watch the sunrise
Navigate the wilderness on a camel trek and enjoy a delicious desert feast in Bedouin tents
Get your hands dirty and learn a new skill on the Dig-for-a-Day Archaeological Seminar
Raft down the Jordan River and swim under the Ein Gedi desert waterfalls
Experience Mahane Yehuda’s open-air market, the Nahalat Binyamin street festival, and nightlife on Ben Yehuda Street
Soak up the innovative spirit of Tel Aviv and enjoy its lively beach culture
Give of yourself in Israel during a Service Learning project, knowing that you not only toured the land, but also gave something back
Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture, artistic spirit, and mystical history of the elevated city of Tsfat on our Mountains & Mystics experience
Follow your passions during our elective week on either the Gadna basic training experience, time on an ecological education farm, or the Maccabiah games